Ingground pool liner wrinkled or sagging.

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
rusty95
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Ingground pool liner wrinkled or sagging.

Postby rusty95 » Tue 02 Aug, 2016 07:45

I hope this is the right section to post this. I have a 40X20 vinyl liner inground pool. The liner seems to have wrinkled or sagged right below the skimmer. Is there a way to fix this. Like lowering the level below the skimmer, taking the plate off, and somehow pulling the liner back into position. Or should I just leave it alone. The liner is only 3 years old.
Attachments
IMG_4407.JPG
IMG_4406.JPG

Denniswiseman
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Ingground pool liner wrinkled or sagging.

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 02 Aug, 2016 10:10

Your solution seems reasonable and it is what I would do
First check that the screws go into the back of the skimmer and doesn't have nuts that can fall off and lose
rusty95
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Re: Ingground pool liner wrinkled or sagging.

Postby rusty95 » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 12:25

Well that was a waste of time. Drained the pool down. Took the skimmer reveal off. I put my hand behind it to try to pull it back up but discovered the liner was actually stretched out of shape. It looked like when you stretch a plastic bag, it doesn't return to it's original state. I can't imagine how it happened. Unless water got behind it. But it was dry on the padding. I tried to heat it but it didn't do anything. So I guess I will have to live with it. It's a shame because it's a new liner.

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”