swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
nightowl
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Doughboy Silver Interlude, 15x30x54

Pool install/installer issues

Postby nightowl » Tue 02 Aug, 2016 09:05

I'll try to be as detailed as possible. My dad is having a pool installed. He purchased it over a month ago. One issue after another since then and the pool is still not installed. By code, it cannot breach the the house line to the front property line. In other words, if you are standing at the front property line looking at the house (you are actually looking at the back of the house). The pool cannot be in front of the basement wall. The pool side supports are up, but are breaching that line by about a foot. Also, the pool is not straight with the house. It is maybe 15 to 20 degrees turned. That means the deck will not be straight either. The installer has drug his feet with excuses and now my dad may not be able to have his pool up in time to even use it this year. One more issue with the pool is it is supposed to be a 15x30x54 and the top of the support posts are only 14' 1" apart. The base of the side supports are only 14' 8" apart. He has called the pools sales and gets the run around there as well. Well known pools sales (Mr. B's pool in St. Louis MO.). So that is kind of a surprise. Is my dad getting screwed over or is this the normal way all pool installs go? It sure doesn't seem like it to me.

marvinwalters
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Re: Pool install/installer issues

Postby marvinwalters » Mon 28 Nov, 2016 22:26

What kind of fence did you use?

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”