PH and Cloudy (Clean Water)

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
kieronma
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 5m Above ground pool

PH and Cloudy (Clean Water)

Postby kieronma » Fri 26 Aug, 2016 00:42

The water in my pool has gone cloudy and I think I've added too much PH+ and now it's saturated (see picture)
cloudy.jpg

You can see that the water appears clear with minute white specs, that do settle after a while, but reappear when stirred. How can I reverse my muppetry. Is it simple a case of adding PH-?

Any help would be appreciated.

Kieron

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: PH and Cloudy (Clean Water)

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 26 Aug, 2016 03:09

Stop mucking about guessing what to do, get a proper test kit and post your numbers back here
kieronma
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby kieronma » Fri 26 Aug, 2016 04:25

Denniswiseman wrote:Stop mucking about guessing what to do, get a proper test kit and post your numbers back here

Sorry Denniswiseman (Swimming Pool Superstar), did you mean to say, "Kieron, I might be able to help if you post your numbers up"
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 26 Aug, 2016 05:35

No what I meant is what I said, no one can advise you without some indication of all your numbers
I was expecting you to come back with "I have ordered a test kit and will post back"
You have to realise that guessing and just dumping chemicals in is not the answer
kieronma
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby kieronma » Fri 26 Aug, 2016 07:21

Denniswiseman wrote:No what I meant is what I said, no one can advise you without some indication of all your numbers
I was expecting you to come back with "I have ordered a test kit and will post back"
You have to realise that guessing and just dumping chemicals in is not the answer

To be clear what you said was, "Stop mucking about guessing what to do, get a proper test kit and post your numbers back here"

1. I'm not mucking about. I have turned to a pool specific forum to seek genuine help and support from experts in the hope that they maybe able to help.
2. If I was content with 'just guessing' I wouldn't have turned to a forum to help me stop guess and implement some solid advice
3. I have a proper test kit, so completely assumptive that I don't. Again forgive me for not knowing the importance of putting the numbers.

Had you replied "no one can advise you without some indication of all your numbers" I would have posted them straight away. Now I'm just really not feeling it and I'll seek a professionals assistance.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 26 Aug, 2016 12:30

You were guessing about using PH- Why did you add PH+ did you have numbers to indicate adjustment, if so why didn't you post them
If you had a test kit posting your numbers would have been the first thing to do
Pardon me for assuming you didn't as most of the Newbie's only have strips or pool store tests
Good luck with your professionals assistance

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”