Gargling Pool Jet

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
garye
I'm new here
I'm new here

Gargling Pool Jet

Postby garye » Sat 24 Sep, 2016 11:30

Hey guys and gals!

I'm a new pool owner and have had the pool for a little under 1 year. It's a free form design with an attached waterfall jacuzzi.

A couple of days ago my wife and I started noticing that one of our jacuzzi jets was "gargling" and pushing air out when the pump was shut off and not running. So I did a test and changed my "handles" so that the flow was now set to return straight into the pool. Same thing started happening within minutes but now at one of my pool jets.

I took a video to show the amount of air coming out and its frequency: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIv1ZrIcGtQ

Any ideas? The only thing that has really changed for us is the climate. Summer has started cooling down and we've had a couple of cool nights lately. As far as the pool goes, I haven't performed any maintenance for about 3 months which was when I cleaned my salt cell and washed off my filters.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Gary

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Gargling Pool Jet

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 24 Sep, 2016 16:18

You are sucking in air from the suction side of the pump.
Check the "O" ring in your pump filter basket and lubricate it with silicon grease. You could also check all fittings on the suction side
One other thing how high is the water at the skimmer (it should be half to two thirds up)
You could also check to see if air is being sucked in there

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”