Spa Leak...What to seal the leak with

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
mvperry
I'm new here
I'm new here

Spa Leak...What to seal the leak with

Postby mvperry » Wed 19 Jul, 2006 15:14

I have a new pool where the attached spa looses appx 4 inches of water per night. The forward spa drain is too far forward. Therefore when the pebbletech was installed they left a slight gap to make room for the drain cover. I have been trying to get the pool company to come fix but now that they have my $$$ they don't return my call. Anyway, I know where the leak is and feel comfortable fixing this myself but don't know the best product to use. What would you recommend to seal this? Thank You.

Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Fri 21 Jul, 2006 06:47

Are you sure it is a leak and not an issue with water returning to the pool thru gravity? You might need to put a check valve in to prevent the water from draining back into the pool. Does you spa sit higher then the pool?
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.
mvperry
I'm new here
I'm new here

LEAK

Postby mvperry » Sun 30 Jul, 2006 17:54

Yes, I have to add water to the pool to compensate for the loss every few days. This weekend I went into the spa with a mask and snorkel and found a hole slightly smaller than a dime. I was able to see the gunite shell.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”