green pool water

Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
Merrell

green pool water

Postby Merrell » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 08:35

Help, my pool water is green but all of my numbers are within range. Two weeks ago I had to change my pump so my pool went green. Since then I have shocked and the pool started clearing up then went green again. I have been to 3 different pool places have no idea what to do.

My numbers are as follows: Free chlorine 4, total chlorine 4, calcium 280, cyranuric acid 30, alkalinity 90, ph 7.6, copper 0, iron 0, total dissolved solids 900, phosphates 0. All within the levels that the pool places say.

my pool does get direct sunlight all day and the temperature can rise to 90 because of this. Do I need more chlorine because of the light and temp? I do not have a heater.

Thanks if anyone can help it would be appreciated!

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: green pool water

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 02:47

You have an algae bloom and need to Slam follow the instructions exactly
How are you testing? You really need a good test kit to be sure of your numbers (Taylor K2006c or TF100) and are putting the right amount in
Your numbers seem OK but check out these links
Pool School
Chlorine / CYA Chart
Pool Levels
Pool Maths
Bradley321
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12'x24' 52" Intex above ground pool. Approximate 8000 gallon. Salt water Chlorinator and a .75 hp sand pump for filter (2450 gph)

Postby Bradley321 » Mon 29 Jun, 2020 09:12

i am getting clear green tint water in my salt pool. I did a boost on my chlorinator and also a shock treatment and still have not been able to get it back to blue.
My levels are as follows:
Chlorine 13 (no bad chlorine) i forget terminology
PH 7.2
Alk. 110
CYA 40
I am confused of what to try to get it back to blue. This is the first year of having a salt pool. My salt level is 3300
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 29 Jun, 2020 12:28

You really need to get your CYA up to 70 and lower (over time) your chlorine to 5, that's unless you're Slamming (Shock Level and Maintain) with relation to
Chlorine / CYA Chart and
Recommended Pool Levels

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”