liner slipping

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
Tara

liner slipping

Postby Tara » Wed 19 Jul, 2006 22:25

We recently put in an extruded aluminum pool with a beaded liner. After a few weeks the liner started to slip out in various places, First one spot , then two spots. then three spots. The last time it popped out the whole liner slipped out and the pool completely drained :x Any ideas why this might have happened? My pool company is at a loss

Cindy

liner slipping

Postby Cindy » Wed 01 Nov, 2006 11:08

The same thing is happening to us. The bead keeps lifting out and the the liner is constantly pulling away from the pool. My installer is at a loss. There have got to be some type of clips to hold it in place. Can anyone help out here?

Re: liner slipping

Postby Guest » Tue 30 Jan, 2007 10:50

Cindy wrote:The same thing is happening to us. The bead keeps lifting out and the the liner is constantly pulling away from the pool. My installer is at a loss. There have got to be some type of clips to hold it in place. Can anyone help out here?

Any Above Ground pool dealer in your area should be able to order bead lock from their distributor. it locks the liner in the bead receiver track. it is shaped like a wedge and it is made by quaker plastics
Ickle
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby Ickle » Sat 17 Feb, 2007 09:18

yea quite often it is none as liner lock.
Was the site dry when the liner was put in or did you have a problem with the water table? This is a just a query
Ozzy

slipping liner

Postby Ozzy » Sat 02 Jun, 2007 12:32

We have a beaded liner and we are noticing a couple of places where the liner is slipping. Is there any way to fix this without losing all of the water or do we have to completely drain the pool?
Tom E

Re: slipping liner

Postby Tom E » Thu 14 Jun, 2007 19:32

Ozzy wrote:We have a beaded liner and we are noticing a couple of places where the liner is slipping. Is there any way to fix this without losing all of the water or do we have to completely drain the pool?

There is 5Ft plastic strips that the bead connects to. The plastic bends out where the bead is to connect. I replaced (7) 5ft section. It resolved the slipping liner. Your pool dealer will have they in stock. Easy to install.

Tom E
Litoq

Postby Litoq » Mon 06 Aug, 2007 07:23

After doing a visual check on J-bead around the pool this weekend, I noticed that on (2) sections, the liner is slipping and one is actually riding right up onto the stabilizer bar. I'm wondering if the stabilizer bar will hold the liner. Didn't seem like the last question was fully addressed so I'm gonna ask again. Does anyone know how to fix this problem without draining the pool and redoing the liner install? I have 18K gal and that would be a lot of water to drain and refill, especially so late in the year. My grass needs water but not that bad.
lisalclark3
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have a 30x54 round pool it is about 7 years old we have never had a problem this year we drained the poo completely and cleaned really good and started to fill it and the pool liner started to slip we have drained it 3 times and fixed the liner we also put more sand around the bottom side where the liner is slipping. I have only put about 4 inches of water in before it starts to slip what is wrong.

Liner slipping

Postby lisalclark3 » Tue 23 Jun, 2009 10:21

Did you get a reply my liner is slipping and I don't know what to do we have a overlap liner

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”