Small amount of bubble mix in pool (20 ml) will it mess up the filter

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Patryc
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 10 foot diameter above ground circular pool, 3,638 L capacity, pumps 1249 LPH Driclad

Small amount of bubble mix in pool (20 ml) will it mess up the filter

Postby Patryc » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 06:18

The only reason I am posting this is because my wife seems to think that playing with bubbles in the pool will mess up the chemicals and filter. Considering the amount of bubble mix that was listed above in the title is this seriously going to be a problem?

We had massive argument about it because I don't believe such a small amount of bubble mix will make a lick of difference and I think it is quite petty to yelling about something like this which is what she did. Can I have some experienced opinions here to back me up ?

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Small amount of bubble mix in pool (20 ml) will it mess up the filter

Postby Teapot » Sat 25 Nov, 2017 14:50

Hi Patryc, Life is too short for an argument over something so small (20ml) it is such a tiny percentage of the water 0.0005% or there abouts.

The reason for any concern should be that water has a surface tension, that's why fly's etc can walk on it. adding as little as 5% detergent will break that surface tension and what happens is the water can let go of what is trapped in the filter, effectively flushing it all out into the pool.

In your case it was such a small amount the chlorine will soon break it down and oxidise out so no worries.
Patryc
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 10 foot diameter above ground circular pool, 3,638 L capacity, pumps 1249 LPH Driclad

Postby Patryc » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 17:56

awesome thanks for your input
marvinwalters
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby marvinwalters » Wed 29 Nov, 2017 01:43

I agree with Teapot, I would suggest the same.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”