What is a Gunite Pool?

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
Charles M. Carter
I'm new here
I'm new here

What is a Gunite Pool?

Postby Charles M. Carter » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 04:46

We are planning to construct a swimming pool in our home. We have only a limited place for swimming pool. Is that a problem? What are the minimum requirements that are needed to set up a swimming pool? How much may this cost? We wish that we should implement advanced technology of filtration. The main suggestion we need from you is that whom should we need to contact for this? Many contractors approached us. But the presented estimate budget is very high. We heard about gunite pool installation in Boston. What is a gunite pool? Did anyone of you aware of this service? Share your reviews about service centers. May your suggestion will help me to take a right choice.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: What is a Gunite Pool?

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 15 Dec, 2017 06:06

When planning a pool you have to be aware of any underground services that may be in the area of the planned pool
The benefit of Gunite / Shotcrete (sprayed concrete) is it can be formed to any shape but requires a plaster coat to make it smooth
A quicker and cheaper option could be a Fibreglass shell if you can find one that fits your available space or an above ground pool
Poolcovers
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: we designs and manufactures fixed automatic retractable enclosures for pools, patios and outdoor spaces.

Re: What is a Gunite Pool?

Postby Poolcovers » Mon 02 Apr, 2018 08:13

Pool cost sometimes depends on the company who is going to built it because every company has different charges of installing pool. I also suggest you should contact to “COVERS In Play” to build your pool with advanced technology and in budget also. However, if you are looking for a specific shape, an extra-large or extra deep pool, gunite is great for this. Gunite pools are among the popular choices in US. The construction crew digs a hole, puts the plumbing in place and assembles a framework grid with steel reinforcing rods (rebar). The rebar rods are spaced about 10 inches apart, and secured together with wire. When the grid is in place, the crew sprays a heavy coating of gunite, a mixture of cement and sand, around the rebar. The sprayer unit combines dry gunite mix with water just before spraying — this produces the wet concrete material. Gunite pools are highly durable when constructed in warm climates, and they can be built in any shape or size. Many swimmers and children find the rough bottom in a gunite pool to be very abrasive and uncomfortable.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”