Rust colored stain on White Pebble Tec finish

Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
stevensrs
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 30X15 Lazy River Layout, Concrete with Pebble Tec Sky Blue finish. Salt Water Hayward Aqua Pro system.

Rust colored stain on White Pebble Tec finish

Postby stevensrs » Mon 01 Jan, 2018 16:57

Greetings, just joined, this is my first post. I have read many articles on this site over the last 3 weeks, so thanks for all the excellent informations.

So, I just had my pool built. It has had water in it for 3 weeks. I'm working on getting the chemicals balanced and am close. I have been brushing the floors and sides 2 times a day for the last 3 weeks. However, The dogs decided to get on the "Sundeck" in the shallow end in the morning after I had brushed and gone to work. I got home and had red clay dog footprints on the surface. Scrubbing with wire and nylon brushes would not remove them completely so I tried both muriatic and ascorbic acid to dissolve the rust colored stains but all that did was turn the area where I applied the acid gray. So I got a pumice stone. That took the rust stains out. But now the surface where I tried acid and others where I just scrubbed with pumice are now gray spots vs. the rest of the pool's bright white surface. Am I stuck with the gray spots, or will they fade with time?

Thanks,
Rob

jbakos
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Rust colored stain on White Pebble Tec finish

Postby jbakos » Tue 25 Jun, 2019 22:46

Hello Rob,

I just had a similar thing happen to my 3 year old pool. Did your color ever return on its own?

Jason

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”