3" crack on btm of Hayward MICROCLEAR DE 6000 Filter ca

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
sunny h

3" crack on btm of Hayward MICROCLEAR DE 6000 Filter ca

Postby sunny h » Thu 21 Jul, 2011 23:42

Well, my Hayward pro series sand filter gave out this past month. Finally the third guy realized that the collar at the top of the base unit (the area that is hidden under the valve assembly at the top) has pulled away from the rest of the mold. Strange, I know. All the service men I've had out to look at it have never seen anything like it. The whole bottom tank is one solid piece, yet it has separated itself in this place. Service tech thought it was a defective filter. The filter is located in a completely shaded area all day long, no direct sunlight at all. I tried contacting Hayward and learned that the old 10 year warranty is only good for those who purchased a filter prior to December 31, 2003. So, of course mine was purchased after that date and is now covered by a 1, yes only 1 year warranty. It makes me wonder, why did Hayward switch from a 10 year to a 1 year warranty for all products. It appears that there may be a significant change in manufacturing specifications used. Unfortunately, that has left a very sour taste in our mouths. Good for those of you who have had better service and were able to replace your filter under the 10 year warranty period. For those of us who aren't so fortunate, beware that when you purchased your filter makes all the difference. My headphones have a longer warranty period than a pool sand filter! Go figure. The good news is that there are other companies with longer warranty periods with comparable products and pricing to Hayward products.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”