Installing new 21' agp in place of sloped 21' agp

Liner issues and problems installing or
maintaining above ground swimming pools.
Composite

Installing new 21' agp in place of sloped 21' agp

Postby Composite » Wed 16 May, 2018 18:31

Hello all :wave:
Looking for some thoughts and suggestions.
Just tore down a 21' above ground with a sloped bottom, was "suppossed" to be in good shape when we bought the house (in winter :silent: ). Went to open the pool thjs week and whoa!!
Liner was decent but pool was off level by about 5-7". Had a "professional" tell us that it should be fine for at least another year. Needless to say i wont be contacting him again.
I decided that a new 21' is in order. Problem is the current base is sloped and new pool in transit is flat bottom. Current base is about 1-2" sand on top of undesturbed soil.

So to the questions?
What would be the ideal fill for the sloped bottom? Limestone screenings or 3/4 crush gravel then level with sand.

Or

Dig up perimeter to the lowest point? center drain level then level base with 1" sand. This idea would sink the new pool below grade however and im not certain if the pool we bought can be sunk in.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Installing new 21' agp in place of sloped 21' agp

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 17 May, 2018 02:55

Don't try to raise the ground as it will want to slide. Excavate to the correct depth, put a soil membrane down, then your limestone and sand. Compacting as you go.
When excavating slope back the side that would be buried

Return to “Liner & Above Ground Pools”