New to pools, pool almost empty

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
DaveInNewark

New to pools, pool almost empty

Postby DaveInNewark » Fri 28 Jul, 2006 13:04

My wife and I just moved into a new apartment with a pool. The pool itself is almost empty and is laden with dirt and algae. I would like to get it up and running to use for the remainder of the season, but don't know what I need to do, or if its better to wait until next year. I've read a number of articles on the web relating to pool maintenance and it does not appear hard at all, but nothing I've read mentions anything related to my situation. Do I just need to brush and vacume the water that is in the pool now, then fill and treat? Not sure what to do.

PoolGuy
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Re: New to pools, pool almost empty

Postby PoolGuy » Sun 30 Jul, 2006 18:30

DaveInNewark wrote:My wife and I just moved into a new apartment with a pool. The pool itself is almost empty and is laden with dirt and algae. I would like to get it up and running to use for the remainder of the season, but don't know what I need to do, or if its better to wait until next year. I've read a number of articles on the web relating to pool maintenance and it does not appear hard at all, but nothing I've read mentions anything related to my situation. Do I just need to brush and vacume the water that is in the pool now, then fill and treat? Not sure what to do.

Drain it,and add chems to it,make sure you no how many gals the pool is before you add your chems.,after you fill it brush it and vacumm it,backwash it,for 5 mins and than add your chems.
Worked and Bulit Pools,For 23 Years

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”