Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
virgo impex international

swimming pool water become green whan add chlorine

Postby virgo impex international » Fri 17 Jun, 2005 10:16

hi

how r u

we wish to inform you that we are dealing in maintenance of swimming pool in 5 star hotels , private and commercials pool . we face some problem of green water in same pool . this is due to iron or other metals in water. as soon as we add the chloine into water it become green . that is due to counter rection . after that we add flucculation agent to settal down that paricle but whan we add fess water again face this problem . plz suggest me what to do?give me any suggestion to check this problem i m asking about how to get sparkel water . this is the majer problems in some pool.

Thanking you

pankaj mishra

mobile no 9810677694
E- mail - virgo_impexin@indiatimes.com

cmenhart

water turns green after adding chlorine

Postby cmenhart » Sat 24 Jun, 2006 16:10

Everytime I add chlorine my pool water turns green. After a day or so the water is crytal clear but there is no chlorinbe reading.
It is so frustrating. Please, I'll take any advice.
banning@sbcglobal.net

green water

Postby banning@sbcglobal.net » Fri 28 Jul, 2006 07:49

i am having this same problem with the water turning green anybody know what is the solution?

Re: green water

Postby Guest » Fri 11 Aug, 2006 20:12

banning@sbcglobal.net wrote:i am having this same problem with the water turning green anybody know what is the solution?

Copper. Have your water tested for copper levels.
kamkuda
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby kamkuda » Mon 04 Sep, 2006 09:38

Agreed with copper. See a pool store to test and removethe copper form the water. After you have cleared the problem, chemically clean the filter sand (if you have a sand filter) to remove the copper that is now embedded in the sand.

Postby Guest » Thu 02 Nov, 2006 11:28

It's important to note here that there is also a reason that there is copper in the water...do you have a heater or old-style brass pump? Equipment like this contains copper that is often corroded by unbalanced water chemistry.

Your staining will come back if you don't solve the root problem first.

Good luck!

-S
NSPF Certified Pool/Spa Operator

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”