Pool Pump and Filter not filling with water

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
dosbeerigos
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool Pump and Filter not filling with water

Postby dosbeerigos » Mon 06 Aug, 2018 14:09

Hi! Hopefully someone can help. Havent had any issues with the pool since moving into the house a year ago. I took the filter out for a cleaning the other day as pressure was a bit weak and when I got done with the hose down I reinstalled everything and opened the breather valve to refill the collection basket with water in the pump, and wait for the filter housing to fill up with water too.

The basket in the pool pump never filled 100% (filled about 50%). The filter housing never did either, and instead of pushing air out it was making breathing like motions.

I checked all my valves, connections, and o-rings to make sure everything was tight. It was.

Re-primed the pump and filled it with water, once I turn the pump on the water gets sucked in fast and sits at 50% filled in the basket area within the pump. When I turn the pump off I get a backwash in the piping and the collection area in the pump is filled 100% at which the pump holds the water in.

When the pump is running both the suction and the pressure is operating at about 50% as well.

This is an in-ground pool, 2hp pump.

Hopefully this is a simple fix.....Your help is appreciated!

dosbeerigos
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Pool Pump and Filter not filling with water

Postby dosbeerigos » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 06:03

side notes: The filter is a cartridge type, and I have checked the impellers to make sure there is no crud on them,

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”