Debris in pool / Cannot see the bottom

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
hitlayers
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 15x30, 52", 10,000 gallon deck around above ground vinyl lining, 21" Hayward sand filter, 1 1/2 HP Hayward pump

Debris in pool / Cannot see the bottom

Postby hitlayers » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 13:44

Hello, I need HELP! new pool owner, did not close properly, many leaves in the pool, have tried all chemicals, vacuum, leaf vacuum, up to maybe 10 bags of leaves, do not know what else to do, have added so many chemicals and time, thinking of just emptying and refilling, please let me know your thoughs, I am located in Carmel, NY if any one has any company suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Debris in pool / Cannot see the bottom

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 15:48

Depending on your water costs draining and cleaning is probably your best option considering the neglected state of your pool and just a few more swimming months left this year
Make sure you close properly and have a cover to prevent debris collecting in your pool
brett90
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I've an intex above ground pool. Its range in size from 10 to 24 feet in diameter and 30 to 52 inches in height. I do use intex pool pump.

Postby brett90 » Sat 24 Nov, 2018 00:45

My suggestion - Go for a robotic vacuum which is a fantastic tool to help keep your pool clean regularly. It is not cheap but will do a great job in-deed.
brettex
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Sun 25 Nov, 2018 15:27

brett90 wrote:My suggestion - Go for a robotic vacuum which is a fantastic tool to help keep your pool clean regularly. It is not cheap but will do a great job in-deed.

Save your money and vacuum it manually, quicker, won't miss bits, nothing to break and no large expenditure which would be better spent on a good cover to avoid the dirt going in.
After of course you get the rubbish out and clean the pool.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”