excess water round pool edge

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
deborah

excess water round pool edge

Postby deborah » Sun 30 Jul, 2006 09:06

I've just installed a new indoor pool but my builder has forgetten to put in grill drainage round edge of pool. As a result water from children getting in and out of pool and runs to the walls (which are only 1 metre away from pool) it then builds up into puddles and sits there. The builder is willing to rectify this, but there is geothermal underfloor heating so digging back down to create a drain round edge is probably impossible. Are there any solutions other than ripping it out and starting again??? Any water suction machines easy for people to use etc...

I need help!

Deborah

PoolGuy
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Re: excess water round pool edge

Postby PoolGuy » Sun 30 Jul, 2006 18:39

deborah wrote:I've just installed a new indoor pool but my builder has forgetten to put in grill drainage round edge of pool. As a result water from children getting in and out of pool and runs to the walls (which are only 1 metre away from pool) it then builds up into puddles and sits there. The builder is willing to rectify this, but there is geothermal underfloor heating so digging back down to create a drain round edge is probably impossible. Are there any solutions other than ripping it out and starting again??? Any water suction machines easy for people to use etc...

I need help!

Deborah

Deborah:

Yes there is something you can use it is called membrane. it is rubber put this along your wall all the way to your wall to the out side,drill a hole about 1/2" and put a pvc pipe in that hole,seal it from the inside around that pipe going out.this will make a guter for your water,and leave your wall dry.Have a pro do this,unless you KNOW you can do it right.good luck.
Worked and Bulit Pools,For 23 Years
deborah

Postby deborah » Mon 31 Jul, 2006 12:32

thanks so much. This could be the solution.

Deborah

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”