Very Fine Tan Powder on Bottom

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
DSpeir

Very Fine Tan Powder on Bottom

Postby DSpeir » Sun 30 Jul, 2006 13:04

Help! I have a very fine tannish-brown powder that I cant seem to get rid of on the bottom. When I vacuum, it comes right back thru the return jets and next day is settled on bottom again. I have shocked and treated with algaecide. I thought it might be sand but it is not.

I replaced my filter sand last year, so I don't know what else to try... Is there such an algae that is so minute that it can pass thru the filter?

As you can tell, I am new to pools, so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Re: Very Fine Tan Powder on Bottom

Postby Guest » Sun 30 Jul, 2006 18:19

DSpeir wrote:Help! I have a very fine tannish-brown powder that I cant seem to get rid of on the bottom. When I vacuum, it comes right back thru the return jets and next day is settled on bottom again. I have shocked and treated with algaecide. I thought it might be sand but it is not.

I replaced my filter sand last year, so I don't know what else to try... Is there such an algae that is so minute that it can pass thru the filter?

As you can tell, I am new to pools, so any advice is greatly appreciated.

when you vacuum it make sure you have it on backwash or wast,you do not want that slug to go back into your filter,this does drain your pool down so be care and make sure you have water going into the pool the same time you vacuum. need more INFO E-Mail me at:mhume@isleoffragrances.com

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”