Gone to the Dogs!!

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
NChernik

Gone to the Dogs!!

Postby NChernik » Sun 30 Jul, 2006 16:40

I stumbled across this Pool Wizard and I think it is great!
We are "practicing" with a fast-Set 12' pool! We raise performance dogs and since places to take them swimming is limited, we have decided to put in a pool. Of course, us humans would use it also! We set up and have all been using this pool, with one modification. We have a 22 gallon sand filter and a 1.5hp pump connected to it. Throughtout the day, I do a lot of skimming! For the record, the water is crystal clear and since I vacumn 2x a day, it is "spotless". My question has to do with the pool chemicals. I check the pH every day, and make necessary adjustments.
The dogs fur is beginning to feel course and brittle. I have been keeping the chlorine level at a min to help, but I am hoping there might be other suggestions. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PoolGuy
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Re: Gone to the Dogs!!

Postby PoolGuy » Sun 30 Jul, 2006 18:26

NChernik wrote:I stumbled across this Pool Wizard and I think it is great!
We are "practicing" with a fast-Set 12' pool! We raise performance dogs and since places to take them swimming is limited, we have decided to put in a pool. Of course, us humans would use it also! We set up and have all been using this pool, with one modification. We have a 22 gallon sand filter and a 1.5hp pump connected to it. Throughtout the day, I do a lot of skimming! For the record, the water is crystal clear and since I vacumn 2x a day, it is "spotless". My question has to do with the pool chemicals. I check the pH every day, and make necessary adjustments.
The dogs fur is beginning to feel course and brittle. I have been keeping the chlorine level at a min to help, but I am hoping there might be other suggestions. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hello:
Here is what it is,and how to fix it.
your chlorine is hard,do you use granls or LQ ? and is your chl set at 2ppms? or 1.5 and the Ph is set at 7.3. check your calum,and alk. need more info E- Mail me at:mhume@isleoffragrances.com
Worked and Bulit Pools,For 23 Years

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”