Pool leak

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
CJ

Pool leak

Postby CJ » Mon 31 Jul, 2006 09:21

How can I test to see if the leak in my pool is around the light. It is loosing at least an inch overnight with the motor off. The pool was replastered last year and it didn't loose any water all winter (except for some evaporation). I tried to pull the light out when I noticed the problem but it's really stuck on there with the sealer. If I have to have a service tech come out, then I would like to know who is reputable in Dallas.

Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Wed 02 Aug, 2006 07:00

take a bottle of red food coloring into the pool with you and sqeeze a little out at a time around light, look for the coloring to be sucked out of the light fixture edges. You might have a broken conduit behind the light, they make a stopper you can put onto the cord of the light to prevent water from going into the pipe, if this is a problem, let me know and I will get the info for the company and product for you. Just email me lccwalter@aol.com
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.
CJ

Pool leak

Postby CJ » Mon 14 Aug, 2006 08:27

Thank you for the info. I didn't see any coloring sucked into the light, and the light won't come off. Looks like someone (maybe the people who re-plastered it, or the prevous owner) put some sort of sealant or glue around part of the light frame. I made sure all the screws (3) were removed, and I couldn't pry it off with a screwdriver.

Walter wrote:take a bottle of red food coloring into the pool with you and sqeeze a little out at a time around light, look for the coloring to be sucked out of the light fixture edges. You might have a broken conduit behind the light, they make a stopper you can put onto the cord of the light to prevent water from going into the pipe, if this is a problem, let me know and I will get the info for the company and product for you. Just email me lccwalter @ aol.com

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”