cloudy blue pool

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
Natalie

cloudy blue pool

Postby Natalie » Tue 01 Aug, 2006 09:58

hhhhhmmmm I am very confused, we have a swimming pool that started to go cloudy about a week ago, the advice was to floc it, so thats what we did and then left the pool constantly circulating...was this wrong??
the pool is now cloudier than ever... the pressure on the filter is fine the pump is new and the sand in the filter was changed 3 months ago
I have read through all your advice and from what i can work out advice was
-re floc circulate turn off and see if drops to bottom - am currently trying this

-if this doesnt work re-shock at 99%
-if this doesnt work raise the ph to 8.0
- the pool doesnt have automated chlorine injection so will lowering the chlorine work in this instance???
someone please help this damsel in distress!!! :wink:

tbenton

cloudy blue water

Postby tbenton » Tue 01 Aug, 2006 13:36

Don't know where you live but here in Virginia its 100 today and the pool water is very warm. I burned the pool as usual Monday morning and it turned slightly cloudy blue which it has never done before. My local pool pros that I have used for almost two decades said that its very possible that since the water is so very warm that the superchlorinator has reacted with the warm water and thus the cloudy pool. The filter pressure also went sky high with no presence of algae so I backwashed this morning and hoping it clears up. Hard to keep chlorine level up in the very sunny very hot weather. Hope both ours clear up soon.

T
Rkelly
I'm new here
I'm new here

Cloudy water solution

Postby Rkelly » Fri 18 Aug, 2006 15:31

Frequent backwashing or cleaning of filters is the key to having clear water. That is the main solution to the problem. Also, by backwashing or cleaning of the filter, you get rid of some of that hot, dirty water and replace it with cooler, clean water.
See if that helps.

Re: cloudy blue pool

Postby Guest » Thu 24 Aug, 2006 20:31

Natalie wrote:hhhhhmmmm I am very confused, we have a swimming pool that started to go cloudy about a week ago, the advice was to floc it, so thats what we did and then left the pool constantly circulating...was this wrong??
the pool is now cloudier than ever... the pressure on the filter is fine the pump is new and the sand in the filter was changed 3 months ago
I have read through all your advice and from what i can work out advice was
-re floc circulate turn off and see if drops to bottom - am currently trying this

-if this doesnt work re-shock at 99%
-if this doesnt work raise the ph to 8.0
- the pool doesnt have automated chlorine injection so will lowering the chlorine work in this instance???
someone please help this damsel in distress!!! :wink:

It has nothing to do with sanitizer lavels. Certainly raising the pH will only exacerbate the problem as it may cause the calcium to precipitate. Have the pool water tested properly and report back the findings. If the probelm is chemical you may find that the pH/alk are a bit too high.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”