Cloudy water caused by my stupidity :-)

Causes and cures for cloudy swimming pool water.
Milky pool water, white, pink, brown, purple, black cloudy water.
smoketer104
I'm new here
I'm new here

Cloudy water caused by my stupidity :-)

Postby smoketer104 » Sun 06 Aug, 2006 12:08

Hell all

I have searched the forum and I have not found my problem, as most people would be smart enough NOT to do what I did. So...

I have an above ground inflatable pool (12ft by 3 1/3 ft) which had a serious algae problem. A LARGE portion of bleach and the problem was solved (not the correct answer but it seemed to work)

Went on vacation, came back (2 weeks) and tadah - more algae. A VERY LARGE portion of algaecide and the problem was solved.

Ran out of chlorine tablets and one week later the water turns to milk :D

I then added WAY TOO MUCH Aqua Chem "Super Water Clarifier" which probably made problems much worse because over a two day period 11 oz was added, and the recommended dose is 1oz per 6000 gallons (I think my pool is only 3000 gallons :D :D

Just for good measure, since the chlorine levels were non existant I also threw in another gallon and a half of bleach :D :D :D :D

So - Now I have a swimming pool full of milk and chemicals, that is still cloudy, and whose fumes will probably kill birds as they fly by. Any suggestions?[/u]

Smoketer

Postby Guest » Sun 06 Aug, 2006 14:44

The fastest way is to drain the pool. I have a 25' round pool that was cloudy at the beg. of the season and I got it clear by running the filter non-stop and vacuuming every day. At the beginning of each vacuum, I would vacuum to waste to get rid of the algea clumps and cloudy clumps at the bottom of the pool. But this still took me a LONG time to get clear water-over a month.

Return to “Cloudy Pool Water”