Pool bugs

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
IHATEBUGS!

POOL BUGS

Postby IHATEBUGS! » Fri 01 Aug, 2008 11:15

I have tiny bugs in the pool that look like tiny sticks but they flips around. What could these things be and how to get rid of them? I shocked it yesterday and the pump has been running for about 10 hours now.

newby

Postby newby » Sat 02 Aug, 2008 12:28

what color are they?? Do they look wormy?
Suzy

Pool bugs

Postby Suzy » Sat 11 Jun, 2011 12:31

The bugs in my pool look like black ladybugs. Anyone know what they are?

Pool bugs

Postby Guest » Tue 18 Jun, 2013 07:09

Larry wrote:Without being able to see these bugs it is hard to comment on what they might be. Generally bugs cannot live in pool water with a free chlorine level of 1.0ppm, though some insects are known to survive.

Mosquitoes, although unlikely to survive, are usually not black in their larval stage. The mosquito larvae appear as a comma shape, with the fatter part at the surface of the water (they breathe air), and the "tail" hanging down. They exhibit erratic jumpy movements in the water.

If you believe they may be mosquitoes, a chlorine shock treatment should get rid of them in no time.

Larry

WE HAVE THESE BUG TOO, AND THEY ARE NOT MOSQUITOES. BUT I DONT NO WHAT THEY ARE.NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM.
Buildernj

Pool bugs

Postby Buildernj » Wed 10 Jul, 2013 20:04

My pool and two of my neighbors have the same problem. We live in NJ and have had a lot of rain, and the weather has been hot and humid. There seems to be hundreds of thousands, an they swim together and form little circles that look like oil spots.. I thought that's what is was because the landscaper was her doing some work. I opened the skimmer lid and saw them crawling all over!!! We shocked the pool and 2 days later they were back in force!! I brought a solo cup to the local pool store and they did not know what they were.. HELP!
creatseolink
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool bugs

Postby creatseolink » Mon 26 Aug, 2013 08:06

I'm concern that it could be moskitos.I bet is full of those water bugs.These bugs look more like fleas than mosquitos. They are prolific after rain in warmer weather, but once again, I have yet to see one be any more than an annoyance.
:thumbup:

.......................................................................................................................................
pool safety cover

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”