Goldline "Aqua-Rite" salt chlorinator problems

SWGs, salt water chlorine generators, chlorinators,
ozone generators, UV systems, . . .
marykskin

Postby marykskin » Tue 27 Apr, 2010 11:23

I just ordered a flo switch for 80 delivered. I just need to know exactly how to install it to make sure it is sitting in the correct position.

Guru Of Pools

Postby Guru Of Pools » Wed 28 Apr, 2010 08:15

Marykskin,

On the flow sensor there will be arrows, the arrows point in the direction of the flow of water. So if you were to follow the pipe from the filter as it would flow the water back to the pool the arrows should be pointing away from the filter and toward the pool. Pretty simple to do. Also make sure you put some Teflon tape or some type of sealant on the threads before you screw it into the fitting.

Good luck,

The Guru of Pools at DiscountPoolWarehouse.com
B Pools

Postby B Pools » Sun 16 May, 2010 13:28

I have a problem with no power coming form something in my power box, But I am getting power to the box. Any solutions. Brian
Maxliv

Postby Maxliv » Sun 16 May, 2010 16:58

Hi everybody,

Just started my goldline aqua rite salt system last week. I was getting a white cloud coming out of the jets on startup. Called goldline support and they told me the water was probably not balanced...So this week-end I made sure the water was perfectly balanced and started up the system again. I still got this white cloudy myst comint out of the jets... !

If any one knows the cause of this...Please let me know !

thanks,
donspill

Postby donspill » Mon 24 May, 2010 21:09

The lights on my aqua rite system come on with the blinking no flow light for a minute or so, then the generating light comes on for about 10-15 seconds, then all lights go off. It still has power, but it is not generating. The chlorine level dropped to next to nothing, the water turned green overnight, and I had to shock it and run it for a day or two to get it somewhat clear. Is this a control board problem or is there a problem with the salt generater? I have a call in for a service call, but I would like to save the money if I could fix it myself. Any suggestions???? Thanks.
zimzum83
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie
My Pool: I am an office manager/technitian for a swimming pool building and service company. My job requires to be able to help customer with their swimming pool, but even tho I have been around pools and obtain certifications I still feel like I dont know enough about everything related to a swimming pool.

Postby zimzum83 » Fri 04 Jun, 2010 20:57

I completly understand what you are talking about. I just now staring running in to customer who's Goldline controls are not longer under warranty and I know the economy is hard and all, but the first customer I could not hook him up because his warranty was on his 5th year and I had to charge him for a turbo cell. OMG I though this guy was going to drive to the office just to kick my butt LOL. It was kind of funny, but I couldnt help to feel bad for the very loyal customer who once espend a large amount of money in having us build his pool. I had to let my boss handle it and he let the customer make payment in the turbo cell and we still gave it to him at our cost and not even the regular retail cost, but the customer still thinks that wasnt enough help. Some times people forget what are the important things in life and that they should be greatfull to be healty and if 300 bucks for a new cell was too much he should of use chlorine tabs untill he could gather the money, but we dont know anything or have our own problems at home.
deuce1980

not producing chlorine

Postby deuce1980 » Fri 11 Jun, 2010 08:12

Brookie,
My salt chlorinator is doing the same thing. What was the cause of your problem?
Thanks

brookiebrooke wrote:My pool was badly stained (iron) so I bought some stain remover that worked great. The only problem was you had to drop the chlorine down to about zero in order for the stain remover to work, which I did on Friday. The pump had to run 24 hours with the aqua rite OFF in order for the stain remover to work.

I switched the chlorinator back on Saturday evening. It's now Tuesday evening, and despite having run the chlorinator almost non-stop for 72 hours, there is virtually no chlorine in the pool at all. The salt reading isn't going down either, so I can tell that the chlorinator isn't using the salt to make chlorine.

I read a couple online posts that said if your chlorine gets too low it can help to shock it to "stimulate" chlorine production. So I threw 2 bags of super-shock in today. That didn't help.

So I removed the cell and saw that there was quite a bit of while build-up on the cell. I let it soak in the suggested muriatic acid/water bath for a few minutes then reinstalled. I plugged it back in and set it to "superchlorinate" but after 3 hours, it appears that it is still not making chlorine.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing the chlorinator to NOT produce chlorine and what I can do to fix it? There is plenty of stabilizer and salt in the pool.
zimzum83
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie
My Pool: I am an office manager/technitian for a swimming pool building and service company. My job requires to be able to help customer with their swimming pool, but even tho I have been around pools and obtain certifications I still feel like I dont know enough about everything related to a swimming pool.

Postby zimzum83 » Sat 12 Jun, 2010 15:50

I had that happen to me once last year, but it was with my buddys vynil liner pool. Ok first off I would suggest to check for multiple things to find out your problem.

One make sure cell is in good working condition, and if you can take it some where and have it test it. I would clean is with acid before you take it any where, because they might charge you to clean it. I know most of the time the cell looks clean, but it can always have something in it. I would buy plugs and plug one end of the cell and use only acid no water and let it sit for couple minutes not too long and see if you see any bubbles come out, and then rinse the cell and do the other end the same way; make sure you fill up the cell only with acid. once you put it back together and start your pool up, check the instant salt reading in the salt generator and compare it to the average salt reading. if still doesnt look right to you then you can move to the second step.

Take your cell and a good water sample of you pool and make sure you remeber all the reading on your salt generator, and your own test on your pool water. I would advice to write down your serial number for your salt generator just in case the cell has to be replace. Once you get to the local pool store have them check your chemicals, and if everything checks out all right including your cell, then ask them to check for nitrates, botares.

If you do this 2 steps you should be able to resolve your problem in one day no questions ask, and keep in mind test strips some times can be wrong. unless you are using a digital reader, or a water computer analysis I wouldn't trust to much your test strips in cases like this.

If you have any questions send me a messege and I should be able to respond it with in couple days, and good luck with your problem.
Tracy

Postby Tracy » Thu 24 Jun, 2010 09:48

donspill wrote:The lights on my aqua rite system come on with the blinking no flow light for a minute or so, then the generating light comes on for about 10-15 seconds, then all lights go off. It still has power, but it is not generating. The chlorine level dropped to next to nothing, the water turned green overnight, and I had to shock it and run it for a day or two to get it somewhat clear. Is this a control board problem or is there a problem with the salt generater? I have a call in for a service call, but I would like to save the money if I could fix it myself. Any suggestions???? Thanks.

Same thing happened to my pool this week. What did you do?
zimzum83
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie

Postby zimzum83 » Thu 24 Jun, 2010 11:05

First dont think you could fix it yourself unless you have a buddy that happens to work for Hayward Warranty center. It sounds like the circuit board has goone bad, but it also sound like the turbo cell is not doing it's part. My recomendation would be to check your serial in your equipment and if starts with a 5A06 number you are out of luck, and what I am trying to say is that if you can prove you only had the unit for no more then 3 years you are cover. If you had it for over 3 years then you are out of luck. I am sorry for your trouble and I know the replacement parts are expesive, and hope you can resolve the issue.

Return to “Salt Water Chlorine Generators, Ozone, UV”