HELP- levels way to high and murky water

Problems relating to pH and total alkalinity.
Increase ph, increase TA. Reduce pH, reduce TA.
pH chemistry advice and techniques for the pool.
mustang302

HELP- levels way to high and murky water

Postby mustang302 » Tue 21 Jun, 2005 20:17

We have a 18 ft round above ground and i have a free chlorinereading thats off the charts it's up to 10 as well as my P-H is up and over 8.4 how do i fix this we have some iron in our water and i have replaced 6 fitlers and vacumed it for a whole day and still my water won't clear ????????? HELP this is a brand new pool i might add

Hollie

Postby Hollie » Sat 25 Jun, 2005 12:29

same thing here...i have a 42 in by 18 soft side pool (intex) and we are on the 2nd week, have shocked it twice, added stuff for algie, this morning i vacumed, still cloudy! I've also changed the filter and let the pump run 24/7.

also.....do ya shut off the pump when your vacuming?
how soon can kids get in after it's shocked?

and it was clear....till i shocked it...it instantly went cloudy!!!!

it's still clear looking in a glass....is not green or overly blue....

temp here has been very hot (over 90 all week) and humidity is high too. If that makes a difference.

should you keep it covered? or not?

i'm new...this is a new trial run for a pool...if it works out ok this summer i'll have a bigger one next year....but......sheese, it's all i do, watch, test, add stuff, test.......it's a mad circle.......any help would be nice.

-Hollie in NE Missouri
Hollie

Postby Hollie » Sat 25 Jun, 2005 12:31

guess i should add it's above ground...and that it's 18 feet round and its always in the sun....thanks.........hollie
Gov
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

cloudy

Postby Gov » Sun 26 Jun, 2005 18:47

Always add your chemicals at night, no one to swim after adding them, until next day.
Clarifier will clear up the cloudiness.
John B.

Postby John B. » Wed 06 Jul, 2005 17:13

It is safe to swim when the chlorine level is between 1.0 (low) and 4.0. Other readings means "unsafe".

Return to “pH & Total Alkalinity”