A little help with your algea.

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
me

Postby me » Sun 13 Aug, 2006 21:34

Anonymous wrote:As for CYN in the water affecting the reading of PH. It DOES. When you test water in a machine and a computer program there is an adjusted total alkalinity. Your test strips can't tell you what to do.

Now you're mixing up three concepts, CYA, pH and alkalinity. There is a correction factor for carbonate alkalinity suggested by Taylor Tech for water having a pH outside the norm or high CYA. But this factor introduces only a minor correction to TA.

Anonymous wrote:- As for the Borax- I don't know what it's in it. But If it is the SAME exact thing as Endure it does work very well.

I like to be informed and to inform my clients as to what exactly they are putting in their pools. I am not in the pool "business" and I do not sell chemicals. But YOU of all people should know what you are selling.

Anonymous wrote:I am no pool master but everything I've said IS ture. "Me" has simply taken the route I see people take everyday. THey cheap out and just buy chlorine. You've either got WAY too much chlorine or not enough. Poeple take YOUR route and then come in about ready to take their pools down because they run through tons of equipment and liners.

Well, you probably think trichlor is 90% chlorine because it says so on the label. See, the secret is training and knowledge, I'm trying to steer people away from the pool store and the bad advice. Maintaining a pool is not rocket science. But yes, it boils down to proper testing and . . . just buying chlorine.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”