dead mouse in pool

What is floc, clarifier, stabilizer, cyanuric acid,
algaecide, brightener, dichlor, sodium hypo,
sodium bisulfate, ....??
bobfitz

dead mouse in pool

Postby bobfitz » Fri 24 Jun, 2005 08:59

Last night as we were cleaning out the mechanical pool wizard that runs around in the bottom of our pool, we found a dead mouse in it. My wife freaked out and wants to drain the pool. I am not sure what to do. Would a shock treatment get rid of any bacteria, etc? or do I need to drain the pool? Also, we have a vinyl pool and there is an area on the top where the vinyl has pulled away a little (above the water line) where little tiny ants are clustering and falling into the pool. Should we call an exterminator or what should we do?


ahab

Postby ahab » Fri 24 Jun, 2005 14:14

yeah your right. just shock the heck out of it if it makes her feel better. i have pulled out mouse, squirrel, big bull frog. i dont tell my wife anymore if i find any animal dead or alive in the pool.
Guest

dead mouse

Postby Guest » Tue 28 Jun, 2005 05:21

shock it and it will be fine. As for the liner problem, go to the pool store and get a strip of liner bead, its a white strip that goes beteween the liner and the coping. Push the liner back up in and install the strip of bead. I had to take a pan of hot water, and dump it on the liner and then push the liner up. Use a screwdriver carefully and push in the bead and that should hold the liner in place. Be carefull not to puncture liner with screwdriver.
Wanda323

Postby Wanda323 » Fri 14 Apr, 2006 17:28

What does 'shock' mean pertaining to pools?
Pool Help

Pool shock

Postby Pool Help » Sat 15 Apr, 2006 17:56

Shock means to add much more chlorine than regular maintenance requires, and usually also means increasing the free chlorine level quite a bit.

A shock is done to quickly and completely destroy algea, bacteria or organic matter that has built up in the swimming pool water.

A shock will also break down combined chlorine compounds (chloramines), which are smelly chlorine compounds that come from a reaction between ammonia (usually sweat or urine) and chlorine.
Johnny

Re: dead mouse

Postby Johnny » Thu 27 Jul, 2006 19:19

Anonymous wrote:shock it and it will be fine. As for the liner problem, go to the pool store and get a strip of liner bead, its a white strip that goes beteween the liner and the coping. Push the liner back up in and install the strip of bead. I had to take a pan of hot water, and dump it on the liner and then push the liner up. Use a screwdriver carefully and push in the bead and that should hold the liner in place. Be carefull not to puncture liner with screwdriver.


If the pool is full of water, is he gonna be able to stretch the liner to do this?

If you have a any problem, then I'd get that checked. As far as a mouse in the pool, shocking it should fix that issue.

Return to “Pool Chemical Problems & Swimming Pool Chemicals”

Who is online at the Pool Help Forum

Users browsing this forum: Majestic [bot] and 0 guests