Holy Cow!! Suspened Algae, Now what!!!! Getting mad!@#&%

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
tul813
I'm new here
I'm new here

Holy Cow!! Suspened Algae, Now what!!!! Getting mad!@#&%

Postby tul813 » Wed 23 Aug, 2006 16:50

I have a 16x33 semi with an expandable liner and i also have a Nature2 mineral system. I have put in so much greenout super shock its crazy i also put in algacide , baking soda. I can not get it blue for nothing. How do i know if the cartdridge is bad on my Nature2 system? i got it in march . I am about to give up. I keep bringing water samples and they keep telling me to keep shocking it, first they told me 4 bags then they told me 8 and then 10. Help please. P.S everything else is balanced out.

Re: Suspened Algae, Now what!!!!

Postby Guest » Wed 23 Aug, 2006 16:55

tul813 wrote:I have a 16x33 semi with an expandable liner and i also have a Nature2 mineral system. I have put in so much greenout super shock its crazy i also put in algacide , baking soda. I can not get it blue for nothing. How do i know if the cartdridge is bad on my Nature2 system? i got it in march . I am about to give up. I keep bringing water samples and they keep telling me to keep shocking it, first they told me 4 bags then they told me 8 and then 10. Help please. P.S everything else is balanced out.

Get rid of the Nature2. Have the pool store measure and give you your CYA level.
tul813
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby tul813 » Wed 23 Aug, 2006 17:27

why get rid of the Nature2 system?

Postby Guest » Thu 24 Aug, 2006 05:44

tul813 wrote:why get rid of the Nature2 system?

The Nature2 is basically an erosion feeder that injects copper and silver ions in the water. Copper is an algicide and silver has some bactericidal qualities. However the quantities that are injected in the water are negligeable, some users report the quantities cannot even be measured by copper tests. It remains that you need a minimum of coper ions in order for it to be effective as an algicide. Some people also report algae blooms even when such a copper/silver system is in the piping.

The cost of Nature2 is difficult to justify given this information. With a proper level of sanitizer you do not need any copper/silver system, be it N2, Crystalline H2O, SimplyBlue or others. There is no such device in any public pools and these pools are strictly regulated as to sanitizer level (and type - bromine or chlorine only), pH and other parameters.

However, given your particular situation you may be more comfortable with a lower level of sanitizer supplemented by a Nature2/other copper-silver system and that's fine. But it's something to think about.

Maintaining a pool is a bit like making spaghetti sauce, we each have our own recipe.

Postby Guest » Thu 24 Aug, 2006 05:47

tul813 wrote:why get rid of the Nature2 system?

I was asking about CYA levels because I think it may be a bit high, thus you may need to increase the amount of shock to a level greater than what the pool store says.

In other words the pool store should have measured the CYA level before suggesting a chlorine shock level, that way only one visit to the pool store is required :D
tul813
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby tul813 » Thu 24 Aug, 2006 07:51

Thank you for the info, is'nt the pool wizzard and Nature2 simmalar?

Postby Guest » Thu 24 Aug, 2006 11:14

tul813 wrote:Thank you for the info, is'nt the pool wizzard and Nature2 simmalar?

I would think so, they may boast similar advantages (according to them: no algae, pH stabilization, clearer water, less chlorine use etc) , and each manufacturer may claim their product works better/longer because of insignificant features but ultimately it remains that all these products add copper and/or silver ions in the water.

The use of copper as an algecide goes back hundreds of years, manufacturers need to present this 'old technology' in new ways to spark interest.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”