Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
econdave
I'm new here
I'm new here

multi port valve?

Postby econdave » Thu 24 Aug, 2006 19:32

my multi port valve is squeaking and hard to turn, is there a lube I can use? it is new, bought it last year. Hayward inground multi port, thanks

Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Fri 25 Aug, 2006 07:34

You can take the thing off and try to pube the spring with a waterproof lubricant and put back together that should help.
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.

Postby Guest » Fri 25 Aug, 2006 09:27

take what off? to take the whole valve off would be a major task/
Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Mon 28 Aug, 2006 08:27

is there several screws on top with bolts underneath? take those off with pump off.
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.

Postby Guest » Mon 28 Aug, 2006 14:22

there are 8 screws, I think If I take them out, the cover and lever will lift off. I shot some W-D 40 in there and it helped. I would like to grease it. I am sure there is a spring in there.
Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Tue 29 Aug, 2006 06:41

there is you shoul dbe able to see also shot some wd-40 on the outside where the plastic handle levers when you press down on it, this will lubricate the handle and metal pin.
kamkuda
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby kamkuda » Thu 07 Sep, 2006 05:43

Do you turn off the pump when you change the dial position?
Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Fri 08 Sep, 2006 08:43

ALWAYS

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”