was green --now cloudy

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.
tkarmel

was green --now cloudy

Postby tkarmel » Sun 10 Jul, 2005 10:47

The pool was green -- :shock: shocked with about six bags of shock--now it is cloudy. :? I don't know much about the pool... :?: can anyone offer suggestions on what i can try. :oops: :oops:

Gov
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

duplicate post

Postby Gov » Mon 11 Jul, 2005 21:08

:(
Carolee

Green not cloudy

Postby Carolee » Wed 20 Jul, 2005 21:52

Have you tried a clairifier? There are several kinds on the market, one with flocculant. The cloudiness is the dead algae floating around that the filter cannot get out. A clarifier will make the stuff clump together. My favorite is made by natural chemistry and called pool first aid. A word to the wise Vaccum, Vaccum, Vaccum. IF you turn the filter to waste when you vaccum it will not run all the yucky cloudy water back thru filter. Good luck!
Pool Help

Cloudy pool water

Postby Pool Help » Fri 17 Feb, 2006 14:14

Hey tkarmel
It is quite normal for a pool to turn cloudy after such a huge shock treatment. The shock you used is "calcium hypochlorite" and the large amount of calcium is responsible for the cloudy pool water.

Filter round the clock and it should begin clearing on its own within a few days. If not, add a clarifier/ flocculant/ coagulant, then vacuum and filter again.

Postby Guest » Fri 28 Jul, 2006 13:47

if you have a sand filter, go buy some Diatremacous Earth and add 1/3 to the skimmer, wait 20 minutes and if the pressure has gone up 1 PSI then stop, and wait a day, or actually about 12 hours, it will be cleared up, if it doesn't go up 1 PSI then after the 20 minutes add another 1/3 cup, should take less than 1 cup to get the PSI up, then once the pool is clear, backwash the DE out and enjoy your pool!!

Postby Guest » Sun 13 Aug, 2006 10:27

They cloud is dead algea- not calcium. Filter it out. Run pump 24/7.

Return to “Chlorine”