Quikclean worth it?

Adding chemicals, vacuuming, backwashing,
brushing, filter care, filter cleaning, replacing
worn or broken pool parts
Madrian

Quikclean worth it?

Postby Madrian » Fri 08 Sep, 2006 12:20

We are starting the process of building a pool and our sales rep thinks that the QuikCleanMax system is the way to go. The system consists of many heads that pop up from the pool floor and other strategic places and push out filtered and treated water to sweep the floor and walls of the pool. The heads pop up in a cyclical manner, like a sprinkler system and are installed in the pool floor, steps, jacuzzi and baja step. Have you seen this system in action and what are the pros and cons that I should be considering?

Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Mon 11 Sep, 2006 07:33

good and bad, yes they push the debris around the pool to get a better chance to pick up, down side expensive valves to replace down the road, clog easy. I recommend a pool cleaner like polaris or jandy. We don't install floor cleaners unless a customer is dead set on it and we can't talk them out of it, I have seen about 50 pools go in here with no floor cleaners, we offer the polaris instead.
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.
Henry

Quikclean worth it?

Postby Henry » Sat 18 Apr, 2009 22:42

We like in Jacksonville Florida and have the Quikclean system in our pool. I love it.

The only problem we have is there is a corner under the rock waterfall that the Quikclean can't get to. This is a design issue not one with the Quikcleam. The head started to need to be replaced after about 7 years, but A& A replaced them for free for up to 10 years.

I RECOMMEND IT..IT WORKS GREAT!

Henry

Return to “Routine Pool Cleaning & Maintenance”