green water

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.
blitz606

green water

Postby blitz606 » Sun 17 Jul, 2005 05:43

MY WIFE HAD LEFT A LARGE FLOATR IN THE POOL ALL WEEK AND MY WATER HAS TURNED DARK GREEN I HAVE ADDED SHOCK TO THE POOL THE WATER IS STILL CLOUDY BUT MY CHLORINE LEVEL IS HIGH.I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS HOW MUCH WATER DOSE A 18 X 52 POOL HOLD AND WHAT DO YOU DO TO BRING THE CHLORINE LEVEL DOWN ?

Chlorine

Pool chlorine problem

Postby Chlorine » Sun 15 Jan, 2006 10:33

Be patient and the chlorine level will fall as the algae is destoryed.

The chlorine burns itself up as it kills the algae.
wilma

green water

Postby wilma » Tue 15 Jun, 2010 21:11

i have had the same problem , my pool went green, i added the chemicals ,it is now cloudy the chlorine levels is very high and i do not know how to solve this ,any one who know please tell. :( :( :( :( :(
Chlorination

green water

Postby Chlorination » Tue 22 Jun, 2010 07:39

Wilma, how long has it been since you added the chemicals? This happened with my above ground pool and when I shocked it and let it sit for a least a week it dropped enough. It looks like its been about a week since your post so if you haven't added too many other chemicals the levels have probably dropped...let me know!
derni904
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: above ground 18ft by 4 ft pump : 1/3 horse

green water

Postby derni904 » Mon 26 Jul, 2010 17:36

I am having the same problem. I have an above ground pool and live in florida . I add my chlorine and it seem not to be doing a thing
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

green water

Postby chem geek » Tue 27 Jul, 2010 00:24

If you don't raise the Free Chlorine (FC) high enough relative to the Cyanuric Acid (CYA) level, then the algae can continue to grow or it will take longer to clear the pool. If the CYA is very high, a partial drain/refill is needed to lower it. Read Defeating Algae in the Pool School for more info.

If you get impatient and want to spend more money, you can use a polymeric clarifier, but chlorine alone can clear the pool though it can take a week. If you didn't lower your pH before you added the chlorine, then add some to lower it now though you can't trust your pH test when the FC level is high.

Return to “Chlorine”