swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
carson
I'm new here
I'm new here

How close to house

Postby carson » Wed 13 Sep, 2006 14:03

Good day all-

I am new to the forum and have zero pool experience. My wife and I are thinking of building a pool and I would like to do the architectural design myself and then work with a builder on the mechanical and details. One issue we have is that our yard is rather narrow (about 30') where the pool would be situated. I am wondering how close a pool can get to the house before it causes any lateral pressure on the soils that might cause the basement wall to move.

I think that we would go with concrete construciton so maybe this is not an issue. Any thoughts, experience, or tips would be appreciated.

Have a great day - Carson

all4him
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby all4him » Thu 14 Sep, 2006 11:39

I cannot speak for your state. I live in Texas and just had a pool put in and as you my yard is narrow. My pool is about 3 feet from the foundation at the closest point, which I believe is the law in Texas.
Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Wed 20 Sep, 2006 07:44

Same law in South Carolina, no closer then 3'
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”