Fiber Optic Pool Lighting

Stairs, skimmers, jets, drains, lighting, water features
and miscellaneous pool water fixtures and fittings.
lordreyrey
I'm new here
I'm new here

Fiber Optic Pool Lighting

Postby lordreyrey » Thu 14 Sep, 2006 21:46

Hello all, I am new to this forum.

Here is my problem. I am a new pool owner, and I have learned a great deal about pools over the last couple of months. My pool has a fiber optic lighting system, and there is a strip of lights that runs along the rim of the pool. On one side, that strip is peeling off, and about a 10 foot section is floating in the pool. I went to lowes and purchased a waterproof Epoxy that was recommended to me, it didn't work.

What can I do to fix this? Is it possible to "glue" this lighting strip back to the side of my pool while it is still full of water?

Thanks.

Re: Fiber Optic Pool Lighting

Postby Guest » Mon 13 Aug, 2007 15:57

lordreyrey wrote:Hello all, I am new to this forum.

Here is my problem. I am a new pool owner, and I have learned a great deal about pools over the last couple of months. My pool has a fiber optic lighting system, and there is a strip of lights that runs along the rim of the pool. On one side, that strip is peeling off, and about a 10 foot section is floating in the pool. I went to lowes and purchased a waterproof Epoxy that was recommended to me, it didn't work.

What can I do to fix this? Is it possible to "glue" this lighting strip back to the side of my pool while it is still full of water?

Thanks.
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: Fiber Optic Pool Lighting

Postby Backglass » Mon 13 Aug, 2007 20:42

lordreyrey wrote:Hello all, I am new to this forum.

Thanks.

Hmmm...it's odd that a waterproof epoxy didn't work. That stuff is usually rock hard and impossible to remove once stuck! Did you mix the two chemicals very well? Did you clean and dry the spot before trying to "stick it"?
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Return to “Skimmers, Jets, Lighting & Other Pool Fixtures”