Hayward Viper

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
george M

Hayward Viper

Postby george M » Fri 15 Sep, 2006 14:56

My Viper will hit a wall in the pool and not reverse, turn nothing just sit there, I have replaces the wheels, tail so just about every moving part. I t has worked OK in the 2 years I have had it, but have had it in the shop twice since purchasing, I am beginning to think it was assembled on a Monday and probably after New Years. Any help would be appreciated.

simone

viper problems

Postby simone » Thu 27 Sep, 2007 19:17

haywards biggest blunder was getting into the cleaner market, They know they screwed up on the design and are sending people that complain new manifolds for free, check with leslie pools, they are a national chain that will fix the cleaner for free or call hayward pool products in elizebeth nj and complain

good luck
kschwenke

Hayward Viper is a piece of junk

Postby kschwenke » Sun 04 May, 2008 12:57

I bought a viper last year from Leslies Pool. The thing was a piece of junk from the start; would tangle, turn endlessly in circles, and constantly need adttention. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the manifold, which made it work ok for a time - but it again was screwing up! I just replaced it. My last cleaner, a letro legend lasted 5 years; my last polaris lasted about the same. Stay away from the Hayward line of cleaners unless you want to waste your money

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”