Automatic pH controllers

Problems relating to pH and total alkalinity.
Increase ph, increase TA. Reduce pH, reduce TA.
pH chemistry advice and techniques for the pool.

Automatic pH controllers

Postby Guest » Sun 14 Mar, 2010 02:35

The problem with the pool industry is that it is light years behind in automation. I have probes that have needed no adjustment in over 4 years but i have tested quarterly. The controllers are limited. Find a good electrician, get a plc with a small touch screen, with a few visits to even a cheap site like you will be way ahead of the pool industry. I am into my system for less than $3k and i can see all the data from my house.

Automatic pH controllers

Postby ilgarm » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 14:21

how about a low cost (<$1,000) full controller, sounds to good to be true?
Late 2007, I went out to buy one such system, and after seeing the prices I decided to take the challenge and here we're now trying to provide it's benefits to everyone else out there.

Putting the final touches to the product and it will be available soon for the like minded DIY's and service people.
Take a look at our web site and please send in comments
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro
My Pool: Geometric 16K gal shotcrete w/exposed aggregate; Pentair EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, VS-3050 pump, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG; Heliocol solar. Rocky's reel

Automatic pH controllers

Postby lbridges » Tue 23 Mar, 2010 21:12

ilgarm wrote:Take a look at our web site and please send in comments;

I did, and for my comment I'd like you to specify which "several states" have outlawed CYA due to the accumulation of cyanide.

Are they arresting people for selling trichlor tablets now?
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Automatic pH controllers

Postby chem geek » Wed 24 Mar, 2010 14:29

Of course, as you have figured out, that site has a bunch of baloney on it. CYA does NOT produce cyanide. The only reason it is banned in commercial/public pools in some states, such as New York, is that it reduces chlorine's effectiveness and apparently in that state they are unable to manage proper use of CYA (say, limiting it to 20 or 30 ppm in commercial/public pools) without an outright ban.

Return to “pH & Total Alkalinity”