How do I decrease water hardness levels in my pool

Total hardness and calcium hardness in pool water.
Scale, calcium buildup, hard water and scaling problems.
Rose

Postby Rose » Mon 01 Jun, 2009 12:36

The water here is so HARD we cant add anything to it accept algacide. When chlorine is added to it, it instantly turns orange !! Once it turned almost black ! We have tried metal-out and all kinds of other products. Nothing seems to work. Id rather have someone come fill it with good water, throw a chlorine floater in there and leave it be. It would then stay clean and clear all summer. I have been trying to find someone who fills pools for a reasonable price but so far no luck. Im in the fresno county area.

BobbyJ59
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie
My Pool: 25k gallon, shallow end wider than deep end. 4 cartridge filter. Way too many trees way too near ...

Pool hardness

Postby BobbyJ59 » Wed 11 Aug, 2010 18:38

Cleaburn wrote:I have been told that the water in my pool needs to be changed out every two years to reduce the hardness level. Unfortunately, its a big pool and it seems a huge waste of water to do that (I live in Vegas). The cost to replace my pool water would be about $350? Is there a way to treat my problem without changing it? My pool hardness spiked out the meter (over 2500) and they say 1100 or so is the norm.

I see this is an old post (Tue 02 Sep, 2008 16:36) but thought I would respond anyway...

I live in Las Vegas and have recently bought a house that has a 25,000 gal in-ground pool. I used a service for a few months but was unhappy with it, so I started acquiring the things I needed to do the job myself and reading up on the subject. I purchased a TF-100 test kit and came up with worse numbers than Clearburn...pool water reading 5200 PPM with the calcium hardness test and tap water reading 2500 PPM. I saw chem geek's response so I started scratching my head. I decided to purchase a TDS meter from HM Digital to verify my findings and show chem geek that us guys from Vegas know what we're talking about. I recieved the unit in the mail today and immediately went to test my pool water. It tested at 942 PPM TDS. Hmmmn...so I tested my tap water. It tested at 488 PPM. OK fine. I donned my glasses and re-read the instructions and noticed I was multiplying by the wrong factor of 10, putting my calcium hardness at 520 PPM in my pool and 250 PPM in my tap water. Thank God the numbers in the playing cards are big enough for me to read ...
RickstersPool

Postby RickstersPool » Wed 19 Oct, 2011 17:23

Watertreater wrote:One thing I would reccomend is you contact a local water treatment company. I do NOT mean a pool company. Those guys generally dont have a real education. Contact a local water treatment buisness and ask them for a test bottle of polymer. If they ask you what for tell them you want to drop TDS, Hardness, and Unfilterable solids out of solution. Usually a few bucks will get the job done. You will need to mix this solution into a 5 gallon bucket, stir very well, allow to sit for about 15 min, then pour all around your pool. Aggitate yoru pool with a boat paddle or a water hose under water. Do this for about 15 minuites. Walk away for about 30 minuites. Come back and check... if all goes well you should see everything that WAS in solution sitting on the bottom of the pool. At that point you can use an automatic pool cleaner. Adjust pH to 7.0-7.8 and shock the system to a moderate free chlorine level. DO NOT SWIM in the pool for 48 HOURS. Allow all chemical levels to steady, checking your pH and Chlorine levels as often daily as you can. If your FREE Chlorine level keeps dropping you have something alive "alge" that is being burned by the chlorine. Check for nitrites. Usually you can use the same water treatment company you purchased the polymer from to have the tests run for next to nothing. Usually they will not make reccomendations but their products are stronger, cheaper, and they know how to test for them better.

Let me know if you have any questions as I frequent this site.

Does anyone know what "polymer" he's talking about?
swimmerforlife
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie
My Pool: 35,000 gallon saltwater D.E. below-ground pool.

Re: How do I decrease water hardness levels in my pool

Postby swimmerforlife » Thu 27 Apr, 2017 18:14

RickstersPool, from what I've researched, the polymer he's referring to can be found here:
http://www.machemicals.com/ProductDetai ... AiL78P8HAQ
The supplier's description is as follows:
Total Solutions Settling Agent Concentrate is a cationic polymer flocculent formulated for easy clarification of waste water in industrial waste streams and municipal waste water treatment facilities. It uses high molecular weight polymers for the rapid settling of solids and suspended debris, which in turn helps to increase the capacity of waste handling systems. Best of all, it is non-toxic and will not harm fish or wildlife when used as directed. For use on; primary and secondary clarifiers, settling ponds, basins and reservoirs.
I have a D.E. filter, and, from what I've read flocculents can supposedly clump up in the filter. I'm going to try this anyway. If I have to clean the hell out of my filter, that's fine. My water is waaaaaaaay too hard. Part of this is because of where I live, and part of it is because I've never drained the pool. Pool cleaners recommend draining and refilling every 2-3 years, but it always seemed like such a waste and I couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm looking forward to trying this solution, sucking up all the fallen debris from the bottom and testing the water's new PPM to see what impact it has.
AnthonyEnror
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Locks Hairpieces : Natural splendor Or Manufactured Hair

Postby AnthonyEnror » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 14:25

Men and women offer their head of hair to be able to hairpiece Wigs
companies that build hair pieces from their store. Before this your hair undergoes several processes. Hair is cleansed, chemically treated Wigs For Black Women
, shaded, and after that lower along with constructed in to hairpieces.

It really is better to match hairpieces via human hair on the shade of your normal curly hair Human Hair Wigs
. These can be permed, reduce, blow dried out, and designed in the same way you'd probably apply your own real human hair. Wigs therefore created have a natural seem and therefore are much softer than their particular synthetic competitors. Natural splendor is also more robust. Therefore Wigs
, wigs made out of them are furthermore tougher.

They are created from man-made fibers. When compared to curly hair hairpieces Wigs
, the hairpieces via man made hair cannot be restyled in your own home. In addition, you are unable to modify their own color coming from what needs been recently colored from the manufacturers.

Man made wigs be cheaper compared to those created from real hair, nevertheless to get a better plus much more all-natural appear you may want to buy a high priced good quality. Manufactured wigs retain his or her design far better compared to hairpieces produced from Wigs
human being locks.
AnthonyEnror
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Locks Hairpieces : Real Hair Or Synthetic Curly hair

Postby AnthonyEnror » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 14:27

Individuals promote their head of hair to be able to wig Short Wigs
manufacturers that art hair pieces from them. Prior to this the hair undergoes many procedures. Hair is cleaned out, chemically handled Wigs
, colored, then minimize as well as crafted in to wigs.

It's easier to match up hairpieces coming from human hair to the shade of your current all-natural head of hair Wigs
. These may also be permed, lower, hit dried out, and styled in the same way you'd probably use your real hair. Hairpieces therefore manufactured have a very holistic search and are smoother than their own manufactured alternatives. Real hair is additionally more robust. Consequently Clip In Hair Extensions
, hairpieces made out of options furthermore more durable.

These are generally produced from man-made fibers. In comparison with head of hair hairpieces Wigs
, the particular hairpieces from synthetic curly hair cannot be restyled in your own home. In addition, you can not modify his or her colour coming from what has already been colored by the manufacturers.

Artificial hairpieces are cheaper than these created from human hair, but to experience a greater plus more normal search you may want to purchase an expensive good quality. Man made wigs maintain their design greater in comparison with hair pieces created from Wigs For Sale
person locks.

Return to “Hard Pool Water & Scale”