pool dust solved, A thanks will do!

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
Zyriak
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Size: Info will come.
Surface: Tiles
Filter: Sandfilter (more info will come)
------------------------
Equipment and Chemicals:
Testing Strips:AquaChek 15-Seconds Pool Test.
Chlorine:Granules 90% (Brand will be updated).
pH+/pH-:Granules (More Info Later).
Algeacide:Nu-clo's Poly 50 & Copper 7.

Postby Zyriak » Tue 01 May, 2012 07:39

A solution to this problem can be to try vacuming on rinse ;)
then you suck up the fine-dust and pumps it right out of the pool ;)

Just a suggestion :)

bear1962

Postby bear1962 » Fri 18 May, 2012 13:49

How do you get rid of the dust if you use a DE filter??
bobbob

Postby bobbob » Wed 08 Aug, 2012 03:16

Using a sock is the best method I have found too. I used to place a kitchen sponge inside the vacum bag, so the sponge sat over the water inlet. This would scoop up most of the dust but there would be a load that remained.

When I use the sock I fold it over the vacum water inlet so the toe and heel provide two layers of filtration. The water pressure from my hose is sufficient to keep the dust inside the sock, but not enough to push the sock off the vacum. All that needs done when finished is popping your sock in the wash, just remember to tell the wife why one white tube sock is in the wash!
GregoryG

Postby GregoryG » Thu 20 Jun, 2013 06:57

I have a 33' round above ground pool (3 years old). Had no trouble with the brown dust until this year. I was also told by the pool store I needed extra chemicals, pump repair, etc. I backwash weekly and ensure all the chemical levels are good. Still was getting the algae at the bottom of the pool. When I vacuumed the pool I was using the filer setting on the pump. Extremely stupid. After reading the manual for the pump, I began vacuuming the pool using the "Waste" valve on the pump. After the first vacuum, a much smaller amount accumulated in about 3 days. After vacuuming again, using the "Waste" valve, the algae disappeared AND HAS NOT RETURNED (3 weeks now). I hope someone out there will learn from my stupidity.....
tucsonJ

Postby tucsonJ » Tue 13 Aug, 2013 22:02

Hi.
I have seen some dust on the bottom of my pool too. There is a frog system on my pool. It is all enclosed and I wonder where I must install the additional filter and socks?

TucsonJ
beccadrln

Postby beccadrln » Wed 04 Jun, 2014 08:29

I have white water, I wasn't thinking when I added new sand to sand filter did not back wash the dust out just turned it on. Ran it for 20 hours then let it set hoping it would settle so I could vacume to waste out, It never settled. So I am now trying the sock Idea hoping it will catch the white sand dust.
aquaman28

Postby aquaman28 » Thu 05 Jun, 2014 23:25

The dust you are all talking about is the Kool Deck delaminating. After about 5 years your kool deck will begin to loose a small dust...if it is really bad you will see little sparkles on kool deck. It just needs a little wind and its in your pool.
Poolman1abe

Postby Poolman1abe » Wed 03 Sep, 2014 16:16

Kudos to Debbie for using a sock, I will do you one better, I have been using polyester pillow batting (you can get it really cheap at Walmart) to enhance filtration on my fish tank for years, and when I ran into the dust problem on my pool (I live in a windy area so this is a daily affair) I decided to try this, so I grabbed a good size piece of the material and rolled it up somewhat tight and stuffed it into the vacuum collector right before the exit towards the pump, and it works so nice that the filter doesn't get dirt in it, heck it might be a better filter than the actual filter :D
Anton

Re: pool dust solved, A thanks will do!

Postby Anton » Fri 12 Aug, 2016 00:37

I have another answer. I bought a 2500l jojo tank. I took a 40km pipe from the backlash outlet of the pool pump to the book tank. So when I backwash, rinse or waste the water goes directly into the book tank. Wait 5 days for the fine dust to settle at the bottom of the tank then you let the clean water back into your pool. You save a lot of water too. I just did it and it works perfectly.
I tried the socks but the dust was even too fine for that.
suca98

Pool dust/algae

Postby suca98 » Sun 11 Jun, 2017 12:34

After reading everyone's post. I have an intex 18x4 easy set pool. I took my water vacuum (the ones that you attach the hose to, not the ones that run through your filter about $22 at lowes or walmart). I attached a thick white sock, over top I placed panty hose [dress sock kind] and the regular mesh bag on top. A triple filter. I cleaned all the brown sand/dead algae off the bottom of the pool yesterday...today I expected to have to vacuum again, but it's still gone. The first sock was green, the second nylon sock caught the rest and the "cloud" that usually comes out when you vacuum the bottom. It's gone and I'm a happy pool owner.
Alecdavis

Postby Alecdavis » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 15:40

Hi,I have an Intex 15x 42 with a cheap vacuum....it works well, however do you have a procedure you go through in order to get it working ? Often takes me 15 minutes to get it sucking...thanks advance ,alec
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 18 Jun, 2017 16:33

Hi Alec
Fill the hose with water from a return jet keep it under water while connecting to the vacuum, if you have to take it out of the water to connect, seal the end with your hand

Postby Guest » Fri 07 Jul, 2017 08:53

Thank you a million times over ! We put the sock on last night and it's dang near perfect this morning! I was going crazy!! So glad I came across this post!
anncaron
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 27' round above ground

Postby anncaron » Thu 13 Jul, 2017 07:51

Hi. I have struggled with this problem for years and am glad to see it's nothing that I'm doing wrong! I tried the white sock on the return hose last night but water kept dripping from the sock. I have an aboveground pool. Where exactly am I supposed to put the sock?
HAMZAH2019
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: My pool is IN ground TYPE 3m×5m.
My filter is HAYWARD 20 INCH NEW MODEL.

Postby HAMZAH2019 » Mon 24 Jun, 2019 16:31

THANKS ALOT MAN (GOOD THINKING)
I am having the same problem small particles return back to the pool after cleaning the pool (at the end of the process) . I replaced the sand with glass type (expensive) . Problem still. I think my problem is in the pump (too powerful) for the filter 20 inch. I tried your way and i hope it will solve my problem. Thanks alot

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”