Considering a pool

Construction or upgrading of new or existing
swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
Anonymous

Considering a pool

Postby Anonymous » Fri 29 Jul, 2005 15:26

I need help... I am looking at a house that has a nice inground pool with a cover. My passion is boating and I am gone every weekend. How much time per week will the thing take and what is the cost of chemicals, electric, heating and such? It is in KY... :?:

Thanks...

Postby Guest » Mon 01 Aug, 2005 15:00

I have a 20x40 inground that takes me about 40 minutes a week if that to maintain. As far as cost, it can very. Mine runs about 30-40 bucks a week depending on how long you run your pump and how much chlorine your pool uses. Its well worth it if you have kids? mine are in it all the time.
FL50
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby FL50 » Fri 16 Jun, 2006 12:00

I may be doing it the completely wrong way....but.......

I work 75 hrs. a week on a light week. So needless to say I dont have a lot of time.

I have a 16'x24' inground pool in Ft. LAuderdale. This is what I do.....

- Keep the Barracuda 4 hooked up at all times.

- Slap in 2 tablets a week in the little floater thingy and one in my skimmer hole (even with the barracuda hooked up, there is still a little bit of suction aroudn the hose, thus using up the one tablet in the skimmer hole quickly.

- Once a week I throw in some stabilizer to keep the chlorine good.

That is all!!!!

I have no trees in my back yard (except for some robellini palms) so that is a great help.

I used to test the water all the time. Believe it or not, my PH went way out of whack for a while, but stabilized itself and I have never had to put any in since (1 year ago). Once in a blue moon I'll buy some algaecide and thrw the whole bottle in there when I know I'm not going to be swimming for a while (like the beginning of the week).

I may be doing it wrong, but hey, I got a sparkly pool and clean water. Nothing wrong with it!!! If I went out and tested it right now it would be perfect.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”