ducks droppings in the new pool

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
yanuca42

ducks droppings in the new pool

Postby yanuca42 » Tue 10 Oct, 2006 19:15

Please help - we have just had our pool in complex recoated with pebblecrete and the two wood ducks are delighted - however their deposits have left large black stains on the new surface - as there are thirty units here it gets well used in summer, but it looks dreadful at present - vacuuming doesn't seem to help - apart from bombing with chlorine any other suggestions? Surely others must have this problem in the drought - any ideas how to catch the ducks and relocate them? many thanks
Carole :?:

Re: ducks droppings in the new pool

Postby Guest » Wed 25 Apr, 2007 13:16

yanuca42 wrote:Please help - we have just had our pool in complex recoated with pebblecrete and the two wood ducks are delighted - however their deposits have left large black stains on the new surface - as there are thirty units here it gets well used in summer, but it looks dreadful at present - vacuuming doesn't seem to help - apart from bombing with chlorine any other suggestions? Surely others must have this problem in the drought - any ideas how to catch the ducks and relocate them? many thanks
Carole :?:

Just opened my pool last week and I have had two ducks using it since I took the cover off.. I found that a good 12 guage shotgun does the trick nicely ;)-
Mrs.Duck
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Mrs.Duck » Fri 04 May, 2007 15:08

Having once owned ducks, I can tell you that they will dirty the water up quite quickly!!! They will poop in it.

Are these wild ducks? If they are pet ducks, I would suggest getting them there own kiddie pool to swim in.
Me without a pool, is like a duck out of water.

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”