Pool water Green, No Algae

Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.
HoneyGrlone

Pool water Green, No Algae

Postby HoneyGrlone » Sat 06 Aug, 2005 12:25

I hoope somebody out there can help me. My pool has copper with a reading of 1.3. I've already used a sequestering agent twice and it dropped it to 1.29. I've had my house water checked and it came back negative. What else can I do? I've already drained my pool halfway and filled it back up. Needless to say, that didn't work either.

Re: Pool water Green, No Algae

Postby Guest » Sat 06 Aug, 2005 12:28

[quote="HoneyGrlone"]I hope somebody out there can help me. My pool has copper with a reading of 1.3. I've already used a sequestering agent twice and it dropped it to 1.29. I've had my house water checked and it came back negative. What else can I do? I've already drained my pool halfway and filled it back up. Needless to say, that didn't work either.
I am on city water.

Re: Pool water Green, No Algae

Postby Guest » Wed 26 Apr, 2006 08:28

HoneyGrlone wrote:I hoope somebody out there can help me. My pool has copper with a reading of 1.3. I've already used a sequestering agent twice and it dropped it to 1.29. I've had my house water checked and it came back negative. What else can I do? I've already drained my pool halfway and filled it back up. Needless to say, that didn't work either.
:D
stu

green pool water

Postby stu » Thu 27 Apr, 2006 02:18

The copper is probably from a heater or a copper-based algicide. You need to add a metal-out or ion remover. Zeolite in your sand filter would also do the trick.

Postby Guest » Thu 04 May, 2006 17:58

Do you have a auto cholranator such as a raibow? If so the check valve could have failed causing high very high cholrine to react with the copper in your heater. If this is the case you need to get this fixed asap before it eats the lines in your heater

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”