residue

Water bugs, swimming insects and sweat bees.
Foaming bubbly water. Frogs in the pool.
Dead animals in the swimming pool.
vicegirl141@juno.com

residue

Postby vicegirl141@juno.com » Tue 09 Aug, 2005 12:51

I have wanted an in-ground swimming pool my entire life. I finally got one and have had nothing but problems. After getting all the problems taken care off with the exception of one I have to ask your help. No one seems to know what the cause is. Everyday since we have been able to use the pool we vacuum it to get the white residue left on the pool bottom. The next morning it is back again. It looks like salt but does not taste salty. It tastes a bit like calcium. We have had a new filter put in but does not take care of the problem. The areas where the residue lies appears to be coming from where the 2 jets are located. Will I have to vacuum the pool everyday for the rest of my life?

Gov
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

residue

Postby Gov » Tue 09 Aug, 2005 19:47

Is your new filter a DE filter?
Sounds like it is DE on the bottom of your pool coming from your jets.
vaughanwilliams
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby vaughanwilliams » Wed 10 Aug, 2005 13:13

Do you have a salt water generator?
regards

Vaughan Williams
Technical Director
Octopus Pools
poolman64

Residue

Postby poolman64 » Sat 20 Aug, 2005 20:57

Like the other person said, I would guess that you have a DE filter with a ripped grid, broken manifold, or not put together correctly. Also if you have a DE filter there should be a one way check valve between the pump and the filter. Otherwise if there is any air trapped in the filter when the pump shuts off DE can flow backwards through the pump back into the pool.
Hope this helps.
Mike

Return to “General Pool Water Problems”