Leak where the backwash tube goes

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
BSos32

Leak where the backwash tube goes

Postby BSos32 » Mon 13 Nov, 2006 16:55

We've been losing water and then we find out that when the pump engine goes on theres a small water leake outside the pvc pope where the backwash liner tube goes out of, theres nothing there to tighten. How do I get it to stop losing water. thanks

Ickle

Postby Ickle » Thu 23 Nov, 2006 11:36

Is the leak coming from the pipe itself or is it from a glued joint, im assuming you have a MPV (Multi Port Valve) between the filter pump and backwash line.

Postby Guest » Fri 01 Dec, 2006 01:25

Take your back-wash valve apart,check your o-rings.
dynamictiger
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: one of them is 713,342 gallons
I look after lots and lots

Postby dynamictiger » Fri 01 Dec, 2006 17:29

I assume you have an MPV.

In the MPV is a gasket under the change plate which looks like a spider or a wagon wheel. This gasket is most likely worn out and is typical cause of this leak.

The gasket is normally glued into the valve. Pry it free with a sharp screwdriver, take it to your local pool store and get a replacement.

To refit, ensure you clean the groove of any residual gasket material and use super glue to stick the gasket back in place.

It is a good idea to get an exchange top section of teh MPV when you are doing this work. the bit above the change plate. It is not mandatory to replace this, however it is good practice.

HTH

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”