Pebbletec Color Change? Acid Wash?

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
Bill

Pebbletec Color Change? Acid Wash?

Postby Bill » Tue 28 Nov, 2006 16:08

I bought a house with a beautiful pebbletec pool that is only 2 years old. I love the pool (part of the reason for buying the house) but the pebbletec color is really dark and I would prefer it much lighter.

Will an acid wash lighten the pebbletec? Is there any other safe treatment that might lighten the color?

Thanks in advance.

geeman
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby geeman » Tue 28 Nov, 2006 18:55

acid washing will not change the color of the pebble or the plaster. there is nothing you can do but replaster or paint
Bill

Postby Bill » Tue 28 Nov, 2006 20:27

geeman wrote:acid washing will not change the color of the pebble or the plaster. there is nothing you can do but replaster or paint

Thanks for the response.

Does is make any sense to replaster or paint over Pebbletec? Also wondering about the cost. Small pool and spillover jacuzzi.
dynamictiger
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: one of them is 713,342 gallons
I look after lots and lots

Postby dynamictiger » Fri 01 Dec, 2006 17:38

Hi Bill

Whilst an acid wash will not change the colour of the pebbles or grout, I think I would still do one first. It is a cheaper solution than replastering or painting. Any concrete /pebble pool surface will darken with age and it may have deposits on it that the acid may lift.

We can try an acid wash with the water in and see how we go. This seems to be a technique that has been lost from the pool industry. If you want to give it a try I need the following information. Pool volume, Total Alkalinity, pH of the pool water, I can then calculate a solution to try.

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”