Spider gasket / glue removal

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
miker1755
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby miker1755 » Wed 06 Dec, 2006 10:20

I am trying to replace the spider gasket in my multi-port valve. It was apparently put together with excessive glue and the old gasket comes apart before it comes out of the seating track. I am trying to figure out the best way to remove the old gasket cleanly as I am concerned about a decent seal when I put the new one in. I have been told a small screwdriver but that gouges the plastic and still leaves glue and rubber residue. I was told acetone but that doesn't seem to really help either. Ant other big ideas?

signal 31

Postby signal 31 » Tue 09 Jan, 2007 20:15

screw dricer and patience is the best way. it wont be perfect but as long as most of it is out it should be fine. and if anyone ever finds the silicon bandit that keeps gluing everything on pools please run him out of business. 9 years in the pool business and have never glued anything but a pvc joint. also if it insnt completely clean you may try some teflon lubricant but dont use anything that dries hard or like silicon
Phil Vitek

Postby Phil Vitek » Tue 23 Jan, 2007 20:43

I need to do the same job. If glue is not to be used, what holds the gasket in place? Thanks.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”