New Colored Plaster, Big Stain

Stains on the pool surfaces, pool equipment
or on the swimmers, or off-color swimming pool
water. Discolored but clear pool water.

New Colored Plaster, Big Stain

Postby Guest » Mon 11 Dec, 2006 15:48

I just had my pool replastered and had it done in grey. One area of the pool has a large stain where they put the hose to fill up the pool after it was plastered. The pool contractor drained the pool and did an acid wash to get rid of the stain. However, the same area has the stain and it has not changed even with the acid wash. My pool person says that the stain is from where the pool filling process washed off the plaster in that area. The Pool Contractor is still sticking by his story that it is mottling. But I proclaim, why hasn't mottling occured in the rest of the pool as well. It is a large white stain. Any help would be appreciated. My pool person says that I should not pay the last bill, until they make it right. Mottling is usually apparent throughout the pool. Does anyone have a suggestion of where to look on the website for pics. of what it should look like on a grey pool?

dynamictiger
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: one of them is 713,342 gallons
I look after lots and lots

Postby dynamictiger » Mon 11 Dec, 2006 17:13

This is reading like the plaster was at a different stage of drying when the hose was initially added, by the time the water level got to the edge of the stain the drying had changed.

Thinking it through logically if it can't acid wash out it is unlikely to be a surface stain. Meaning by default it is a stain in the plaster itself.

I am not a pool builder so cannot categorically state what has happened however I would be seeking advice through your local pool spa association before paying the account.

Return to “Pool Surface Staining & Discolored Pool Water”