Losing 1-2 inches per day

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
Kurtwino

Losing 1-2 inches per day

Postby Kurtwino » Sun 11 Feb, 2007 08:50

I have a pool that was redone 1 year ago, and a light was installed. The pool is losing 1-2 inches perday at least. Last week, after cleaning the filter, the rate of water loss increased. The old filter housing was leaking so I replaced it. Still losing water. I suspect the new light fixture. I guess I'll need to do a dye test near the skimmer and the light. Any sugestions?

Postby Guest » Sun 11 Feb, 2007 14:12

I WOULD RECOMMEND THE DYE TEST OR EVEN LETTING POOL SIT TO SEE HOW FAR DOWN THE WATER GOES.

MANNIXPOOLS
Chilll

Finding a leak in the pool

Postby Chilll » Sat 16 Jun, 2007 23:13

I was losing 1 inch a day in my inground pool.I was determined to find this leak.The dyes area awaste of money.Same as food coloring.I tried dyes .No good.I layed down looking into the pool along the edges.I seen a dark spot put my finger on it , what suction.It was to the left of the steps where the floor meets the wall.I bought a patch kit.(Looks like giant scotch tape)Havent lost water since.Look for dark spots in your pool.If you find none then it could be your drain,piping or skimmer seals..I was told mot leaks will be around the steps area

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”