Chlorine vs Bromine

Chlorinating, maintaining the right chlorine levels,
chlorine problems. Dichlor, trichlor, cal hypo, bleach,
granules, chlorine pucks and chlorine sticks.
steq184
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Chlorine vs Bromine

Postby steq184 » Sun 04 Sep, 2005 14:13

Hello
I am after some advice on whether to use chlorine or bromine in our 15 foot pool. It should be up and running in around a couple of weeks so quite urgent. I am leaning towards Bromine as we have a hot tub and use Bromine in that, so this way I only have to buy one set of chemicals. Also if it make any difference we're going to use a auto feeder.
I really appreciate any help indeed.
Steve

ElbertWilkerson
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: These tough cavities and pores deliver algae a place to cover and speak to home, making pool ownership an awful lot extra tough. Concrete pool developers educate their clients that weekly brushing of the complete pool surface is obligatory to preserve algae at bay. In addition, chemical usage in concrete pools is plenty better due to the want to penetrate the pool floor to kill algae.

Re: Chlorine vs Bromine

Postby ElbertWilkerson » Thu 03 May, 2018 00:08

There appears to be many varieties of chlorine on the market, and you may find a totally wide variety of charges. Each pool deliver corporation works hard to make their chlorine product seem new and one-of-a-kind, however upon close inspection you may locate that the most effective real difference which can separate one logo of chlorine from some other is the awareness of the lively substances within the chemical. The chemical “Bromine” could be very just like chlorine within the way that it kills bacteria and harmful contaminants, however the chemicals react in exceptional approaches within the swimming pool water. Bromine is most commonly used to sanitize spas/warm tubs due to the fact it's miles more stable than chlorine within the warmer temperatures.
"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"- Albert Einstein
cheap essay writing service
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Chlorine vs Bromine

Postby Teapot » Thu 03 May, 2018 09:52

That is the sort of post I like least, says nothing at all.
Chlorine is chlorine, packaged chlorine in tablet form has stabiliser in it. Liquid doesn't normally.

Bromine still requires a product to activate it be that chlorine or something else so not one product. Bromine is more toxic to humans and costs more. Only saving is more stable at higher temp.

Return to “Chlorine”