swimming pools. Pool building materials and
miscellaneous construction techniques.
bravo6
I'm new here
I'm new here

New Pool Inspections?

Postby bravo6 » Tue 27 Feb, 2007 16:27

Hi all,

I am thinking about having a pool built by a small company in Houston, TX. I thought it would be a good idea to have someone that knows about this stuff inspect the pool construction after each stage of build, however I can't find anyone that offers any sort of service like that. The only thing I've been able to find is a few home inspectors that will also inspect a pool that is already constructed, where as I would like the pool inspected after completion of each stage of construction.

Is there nothing like that out there? I didn't think it would be such a strange request..

Thanks

georgiapoollover

Postby georgiapoollover » Thu 01 Mar, 2007 15:59

When your pool is built by a company, they have the city or county inspect is after various stages. Why are you looking for an inspector?
dynamictiger
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: one of them is 713,342 gallons
I look after lots and lots

Postby dynamictiger » Fri 02 Mar, 2007 16:11

If I am understanding you correctly, you simply want to know the pool builder is invoicing you for the correct thing and you are getting what you paid for.

Most likely this service could be provided by a consulting structural engineer, although I don't think it would be cheap. As most of the work is structural they are probably the best qualified to undertake this work.

HTH
bravo6
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby bravo6 » Fri 23 Mar, 2007 09:59

Ok, thanks for the info.

And the reason I would be looking for someone to inspect is is because I know nothing about the construction and how things should be. Would just like some reassurance that things are done properly is all.

I had a home built and hired an inspector to check it at each stage - even though city or county inspectors did the same.

Return to “Building, Construction & Rebuilds”