Pool emptied over the winter.

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
George
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool emptied over the winter.

Postby George » Sun 04 Mar, 2007 15:27

I'm in Cleveland and we had a break in the cold weather and snow last week so I went to check on our in-ground pool since I noticed that the snow and ice had sunk the winter cover a considerable amount. I looked under the cover and discovered that most of the water is gone and the liner seems to be floating from the bottom and sides. I am assuming this means that water somehow got underneath the liner. Can anyone give me any advice? And if anyone is in the Cleveland area and knows of a reliable place to contact that would be appreciated as well. Thanks in advance.

poolioman

Postby poolioman » Mon 30 Apr, 2007 17:53

Eww. that is a tough one to answer without some digging so to speak...

It could be that the snow caused the line to separate from the coping and allowed water to get behind the liner and the concrete walls. (is there any gaps where the liner pulled away from the coping?)
Or
That you have a tear caused by the ice, and water went behind the liner. (look for tears near the water line all around the pool)

I assume that you have no bottom drain since the liner is floating, so the fix unfortunately is to drain the pool for wither cause. and re-seat the liner then refill it, or replace it if it is torn (seldom do patches hold for more than a year so I don't suggest patching it but its up to you to try that as well)

Good luck
Moohead
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Moohead » Tue 08 May, 2007 11:47

I have a similar problem. The pool is down about 18 inches over the winter, but the liner looks fine. Any ideas where the leak might be?

thanks

Postby Guest » Thu 10 May, 2007 23:38

check your hydrostatic valve on bottom of your pool if you have one.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”